Monday, December 10, 2012

Immersion


 

 

Even if I would not, could not believe in an all knowing all powerful Holy God… a God Who abhors sin so much that it cannot survive in His presence, yet loves mankind so much that he would give up His only son to die on a cross so that He could fellowship with us who are sinners…I would still be a Christian.

 

This is why.

 

When I immerse myself in the Bible, in worship service, in Christian music, in sermons and books about God…I am a better person, a better citizen, a better mother, wife, sister and friend.

 

To me this is only logical. When I read a cookbook, I get hungry. When I took Government in high school, I briefly imagined a career in politics. I own several books on housekeeping and organization…when I read them, I soon want to get up and do something. When I watch HGTV, I soon want to paint a wall or work on a craft. On the down side, when I watch a sad movie, I cry. Sometimes, I feel angry.

 

We are all influenced by what we allow into our minds.

 

But isn’t it wonderful to know that God is real. His Holy Spirit is with me this minute, watching everything I do, encouraging me when I need encouragement, pricking my conscience when I go astray of His perfect will.

 

C.S. Lewis said that the Christian life is the hardest thing in the world to live if you are holding back (I'm paraphrasing wildly here). But once you have surrendered completely to Christ, it is the simplest thing in the world. My yoke is easy and my burden is light.

 

God, please help me to be totally immersed in all things YOU. Amen

No comments: