Friday, July 19, 2013

Back in WiFi Land!

Been without a good wifi connection the last couple of weeks....can you imagine? I did have 4G on my phone, IF I sat in the middle of my bed and held my phone in the exact right spot. 

So here we are in Henderson, Kentucky, just across the Ohio River from Evansville, Indiana.  Yesterday we went to Meskers Zoo in Evansville.  I promised the grandgirls pictures of animals, so here ya go, Indigo and Blue Jay!

Lion

Turtle

Camel



Peacock


Porcupine

Tapir

The zoo was very pretty, with wonderful landscaping.  But we walked forever to see just a few animals.  We were only there about an hour and a half, but between the heat and humidity, the hilly path and the distance we walked, it felt like forever.

We bravely went on towards our next destination, though.  New Harmony, Indiana was started in the 19th century as a religious commune.  It only lasted a couple of years, then another group of idealists bought the whole town and tried to create their own Utopia.  That lasted a little longer, about 10 years, before it also flopped.  But the town still exists, and it's a nice little community, though no longer a commune. 

They have figured out how to cash in on their origins though.  Guided walking tours through the old buildings are $12 a person.  Any other day we might have opted for the tour, but we were already tired, and it was still hot hot hot, we just decided to do a drive by.  We did get a few pics.
This is a modern addition to the town.  This little park is called The Roofless Church.  Interesting


If we'd taken the tour, I could tell you what these old buildings were.
 
 
 
Today seemed like a good day for air conditioning, so we went to a movie.  Saw the Lone Ranger.  And all I've got to say about that is, it's NOT the Lone Ranger I grew up with!
 
Moving out tomorrow.  Headed to Tennessee, I think. 
 
 


No comments: