Tuesday, July 17, 2018

July 15, 2018 - Duluth, MN

Well, we tried to go to church this morning.  I looked up the Southern Baptist Churches in Duluth, MN, and there was only one.  I checked out their website, and it said church began at 11 a.m., so we left plenty early enough to get there on time. There weren't many people there when we arrived, but that didn't seem alarming, since their info on SBC.com said that they only had 18 members. But we were surprised when we walked in and there was no one in the sanctuary.  Turns out, during the Summer months, their only service of the day starts at 9 a.m. Somebody forgot to change the info on their website, I guess.

So we decided to have an early lunch.  The local eatery we wanted to try out already had a line out the door. Most churches here start at 10, so I guess they all get to the restaurants a little earlier than we do back home. So, we ended up at Texas Roadhouse. So much for trying the local cuisine.

After lunch, we decided to take a leisurely drive up the Lake Superior Coast Line on the North Shore Scenic Drive. It was beautiful. My photos never capture the natural beauty of God's creation, but here they are anyway.

                                     


Tom's Logging Camp is a big tourist attraction around here.
There's a logging museum and a petting zoo and several exhibits.
I really enjoyed talking to the lady in the gift shop.
She nearly had me talked into moving up here,
but Tim dragged me out of there just in time.










No comments: