Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Branson!!!!!

I know.  I use way too many exclamation points.  But...we went to Branson, ya'll!!!! We just saw one show, but it was a great one!  We saw a group called Six.  They are six brothers who sing, using no instruments other than their own voices.  But they sound like a full orchestra!  It was awesome.  But my favorite part was when they sang The Lord's Prayer.  I've never in my life heard such a beautiful version of The Lord's Prayer.  You can check them out on YouTube.  I think this link will take you there:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE3ia5ug5qE


But just as much fun was the stop we made the College of the Ozarks yesterday morning on the way to Branson.  It is absolutely the prettiest college campus I've ever seen.  We went to Ralph Foster Museum on campus.  Three huge floors of everything you can imagine, but with a heavy leaning towards Ozark history and music.  We saw Jed Clampett's truck from the Beverly Hillbillies TV show, and stuffed polar bears, and beautiful art, and depression glass, and gem stones and Native American artifacts, and vintage clothing, and - well, the list goes on and on.  Here's just a couple of photos.



Our son and the mission team he is with should be headed home today if all goes well.  I stole this photo from one of his team members on Facebook.  Son didn't take his computer with him, but I've been able to keep up with their activities a little bit by Facebook "stalking"  this other guy.  Please keep praying for the work the team has done to bear much fruit, and for them all to make it home safely. 

No comments: