Saturday, July 28, 2012

Flexibility

Sometimes the best thing about life in a 5th wheel travel trailer is the flexibility.

I've always been a planner.  Family vacations were few and far between when our kids were young, and short in duration.  So I often spent as much as 6 months to plan a 5 -7 day vacation, down to the last detail.  Of course, this was partly because I'm just a natural born researcher.  I love to ferret out the best places to eat, free things to do, even (maybe especially) the history of the area we'll be traveling to.  Of course, we always deviated from the plan (it's never easy anticipating the needs and wants of 3 other people), but at least it was there to fall back on. 

I still love to make plans, and they are even more detailed now that we have the internet.  I love google maps and all the various websites I can access any time of the day or night.  But, now, we can change our plans, and make a new plan right on the spot.

Which is what we are about to do.  We are presently in Grove, OK, in Bear's Den RV Park on Grand Lake o' the Cherokees.  Current temperature - 106.  Tomorrow's forecast - 108; Monday - 111.

It's time to move on. 

Don't get me wrong.  This is a lovely place, and I'm sure there are lots of fun things to do here. I know we will be back many many times. Maybe in October.

So unless something changes pretty quick, we will attend a local church tomorrow, then spend the afternoon storing loose items and planning the next leg of our trip, then pull out Monday morning.

Before it reaches 111.
Here's a couple of photos I've taken this week.  The first one is of Sailboat Bridge over Grand Lake, heading into Grove.  The second one is a little fishing lake here at the park.  This really is a pretty place, but you can see from the second picture that they have lost several trees from the horrible drought, last year and this year.

No comments: