Thursday, June 13, 2013

Arkansas

 
Even the longest journey begins with but a single step, or so they say.  Our journey started at 5:18 yesterday morning, when Cowboy decided he'd slept long enough.  Of course, once he was up, I figured I might as well get up.  The alarm was set for 5:30, anyway. 

 
The Red River, just north of New Boston, TX.
 
Speaking of New Boston, we felt like world travelers yesterday.  Paris, Detroit,  and Malta were just a few of the familiar names of "foreign" towns we drove through.  Oh, and Clarksville.  And now I can't get that song out of my head.  Do you think this was the Clarksville the Monkees took "The Last Train from...." all those years ago? I doubt it.

 
So, here we are at Millwood Landing RV Resort.  This is a great resort, complete with swimming pool, tennis courts, restaurant, golf course, lakes, and alligators. 
 
Cowboy is on the golf course this very minute.  Hope the alligators don't get him.

Post a Comment