Thursday, June 13, 2013

Arkansas

 
Even the longest journey begins with but a single step, or so they say.  Our journey started at 5:18 yesterday morning, when Cowboy decided he'd slept long enough.  Of course, once he was up, I figured I might as well get up.  The alarm was set for 5:30, anyway. 

 
The Red River, just north of New Boston, TX.
 
Speaking of New Boston, we felt like world travelers yesterday.  Paris, Detroit,  and Malta were just a few of the familiar names of "foreign" towns we drove through.  Oh, and Clarksville.  And now I can't get that song out of my head.  Do you think this was the Clarksville the Monkees took "The Last Train from...." all those years ago? I doubt it.

 
So, here we are at Millwood Landing RV Resort.  This is a great resort, complete with swimming pool, tennis courts, restaurant, golf course, lakes, and alligators. 
 
Cowboy is on the golf course this very minute.  Hope the alligators don't get him.

No comments: